Halberton Primary School received £15,100 during the financial year 2017/2018.
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England, designed to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils;
- close the gap between them and their peers.
It is available to a range of pupils:
- those eligible for FSM
- those who are no longer eligible for FSM, but who have been eligible in the last 6 years
- those who are adopted
- those with a special guardianship order
- those with a child arrangements order
- those with a residence order
At Halberton Primary School we use our pupil premium to ensure that there are good quality resources for staff to plan teaching effectively. We offer TA support in each class to provide 1:1 where required. We use targeted intervention programmes to assist those pupils that need extra help, including weekly intervention programmes in reading, writing and maths at KS1 and KS2. We offer Thrive sessions to those pupils that need social, emotional and behavioural support. We try and ensure that all pupils can access every part of the curriculum, as we as supporting them with educational and residential trips. Our pupils engage in a wide range of challenging learning opportunities, including Gifted and Talented programme (via Exeter University), Outdoor Education Programme, Nature School and the Exmoor Challenge. All this is funded by our Pupil Premium allocation.